The North Catasauqua Betterment Committee is a group made up of North Catasauqua residents, business owners, and borough officials. The group originally formed together as the North Catasauqua Centennial Celebration Committee to celebrate the borough's centennial in 2007. After the Centennial Celebration was over, the group decided to stay together and in 2008 became known as the North Catasauqua Betterment Committee. The committee is a non-profit group that not only promotes North Catasauqua borough, but also helps to purchase needed items or complete projects for the community through its fundraisers.
The North Catasauqua Betterment Committee's main goal for 2018 is to design and purchase new street pole welcome banners for the borough. All of the Committee's fundraisers in 2018 will go toward the purchase of our 2018 projects.
The committee holds three major fundraisers/events each year including- The North Catasauqua small Town USA CARNIVAL, the North Catasauqua small Town USA GOLF TOURNAMENT, and the Best of North Catasauqua Autumnfest & Car Show. Smaller events are also held by the commitee including- The North Catasauqua Holiday Home Decorating Contest and Holiday Lights Self - Tour, North Catasauqua small Town USA SUMMER CAR CRUISES at North Catasauqua Park.
The North Catasauqua Betterment Committee gives back to the community 100% of the money raised from the fundraisers!
Monetary donations are always graciously accepted. All donations are tax deductable. Please drop off your donation at North Catasauqua Borough Hall during regular business hours or mail to North Catasauqua Betterment Committee- 1066 Fourth Street, North Catasauqua, PA 18032
The North Catasauqua Betterment Committee generally meets April - November, as needed , at North Catasauqua Borough Hall.
If you wish to attend a meeting, please contact us via email - NCataCentennial@aol.com
You may contact us by phone at 610-264-1504
Past Committee Projects & Accomplishments
* Purchase of new fancy clock located outside of North Catasauqua Borough Hall
* Donation of $5,000 to North Catasauqua Borough for use of a future community project by the borough
* Installation of new sidewalks and light posts around the entire perimeter of North Catasauqua Park
* Purchase of new welcome street pole banners for around the entire borough
* Purchase of new chairs and interior enhancements to the North Catasauqua Community Room
* Installation of lettering on the North Catasauqua Fire Department fire house and new outdoor sign for the fire department as well.
* Building of a new band stand for North Catasauqua Park
* Purchase of new park benches for concerts at North Catasauqua Park
* Purchase of new in-car laptop computers for all North Catasauqua Police Department police vehicles
* Installation of 62 "drops"/electric hookups for borough snowflake Christmas decorations on street poles
* Purchase of new outdoor Christmas decorations for around the borough each year.
* Purchase of the North Catasauqua Centennial Celebration Time Capsule located inside of North Catasauqua Borough Hall
* Purchase of new North Catasauqua official borough flags to be displayed around North Catasauqua Park
* Sponsor of the North Catasauqua small Town USA HOLIDAY HOME DECORATING CONTEST each year.
* Responsible creating and having North Catasauqua borough council recognize and adopt "small Town USA" as the official motto and logo for the borough
* Responsible for the 1st fireworks display in the borough of North Catasauqua
* Responsible for the 1st community parade held exclusively in the borough of North Catasauqua - North Catasauqua Centennial Celebration Parade
* Purchase of new portable signs to be used by the various community groups of North Catasauqua
* Purchase of flowers for North Catasauqua Borough Hall outside
* Purchase of a Pink Ribbon pole decoration for Breast Cancer Awareness Month
* Upgrades and improvements to the North Catasauqua Borough Hall Community Room
* Holding the open house and celebration of the 100th Anniversary of North Catasauqua Borough Hall
* Purchase of new Christmas lights for the borough Christmas tree and park buildings
* Purchase of seasonal pole banners for North Catasauqua Park
* Purchase of a new pressure washer for North Catasauqua Public Works
* Worked with former State Representative Julie Harthart & PENNDOT to erect North Catasauqua directional signs on Mac Arthur Rd. - RT 145 North & South and on RT 329 North & South near Main Street in Northampton
* New summer street pole banners for around North Catasauqua Park
* Purchase and installation of a Little Free Public Library at North Catasauqua Borough Hall
* Purchase of 4 new Welcome & Information signs for North Catasauqua borough entrances
*Donated $5,000 to the North Catasauqua Fire Department toward the purchase of a new special equipment trailer for the department
* Purchase of 60 new American flags and hardware for the street poles around the borough